My, oh, my, there’s nothing I love more than some good ol’ oatmeal cookies. Even more appealing? Healthy + vegan oatmeal-cookie bites! I haven’t made this recipe yet but it sounds really great.
Side note: this website is one of my favorite places to find awesome vegan goodies 🙂
Here’s the recipe:
- 1.5 large, ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, warm (or olive oil)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 3 tbsp coconut, finely shredded & unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or dark chocolate bar chopped
Directions: Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl mash the bananas, and then mash in the vanilla and softened coconut oil. Set aside. In another bowl whisk together the oats, almond meal, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt, chocolate, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. The dough is very loose and does not hold together well, but don’t worry about that. I took a couple tsp of the dough in my hand and gently formed a ball and squeezed it together as much as I could. Place 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Bake for 14 minutes until bottoms are golden. Let cool for about 20 minutes to set. Makes about 17 bite-sized cookies.
Nutritional info: (Approx. per bite, makes 17 bites): 59 kcals, 2.8 grams fat, 1 gram protein, 2 grams sugar, 1 gram fibre.